About the Race
The Kalahari Challenge is a world-class full-service event; only 4 hours from Gauteng but a whole world away. With a limited field, you'll be able to enjoy the miles and miles of stunning bushveld singletrack, gnarly technical uphills, some Kalahari "Mountains" and hardpack track uninterrupted. After the ride is said and done you'll be able to kick back in the luxury "Chill Zone" before resting your head in fully-equipped canvas tents, complete with mattress, pillows, sheets and blankets!
The Kalahari Challenge will take place again in 2018 from the 8th - 10th of June 2018.
This true African mountain bike race that's all about enjoying your time spent on and off the bike. The Kalahari Challenge route is 175km over the three days. This race attracts local and international mountain bikers to the untamed bushveld of Southern Botswana. The race will start and finish at the Lion Park just South of the Capital, Gaborone.
The Kalahari Challenge is a limited field, full-service race. Everything is taken care of for you from the moment you arrive at the start line until you cross the finish line 3 days later. All you need to worry about is pedalling your bike!
10 REASONS TO ENTER THE KALAHARI CHALLENGE
- The miles and miles of stunning bushveld singletrack, hard pack, rocky climbs and Kalahari "mountains". The route was rated by the very top cyclists this year as the best singletrack and mountain bike route of all the races they had done in Southern Africa.
- Intimate and not uncrowded, maximum of
- Make friends and memories for life around the nightly campfires
- Dedicated volunteers to wash the Kalahari dust off your trusty bike
- 2-day sleep over in a full-service bushveld camp miles from civilisation, let the sounds of the Southern Botswana bushveld Kalahari send you off to sleep after a good days ride.
- Our legendary water points with spreads so incredible you'll never want to leave
- The Chill Zone and Coffee Shop that will have you racing home to enjoy complimentary coffee, tea, cool drinks and snacks all afternoon.
- A bushveld miracle! A little Internet Cafe - perfect for sharing the experience
- No crouching or sleeping bags required. Sleep in stand-up canvas a-frame tents with a mattress, blankets and pillow, bedside table and light.
- Hot showers and clean bathrooms to wash the dust and long days ride away